Skip to main content

Search Bar Icon Close Menu

Transfer work, life credit

We award academic credit for work experiences, professional licensure and military training.

As long as you complete at least 60 credit hours through traditional college coursework, you may earn the remaining required credits through traditional or non-traditional sources.

Remaining coursework may be earned from traditional or non-traditional sources.

Transfer professional experience

Earn credit for experience through:

  • Credit for Prior Learning that demonstrates your experience equates to what you would learn in a required, relevant course
  • Professional licensure and training
  • Completion of law enforcement or corrections academy
View possible sources of work credit

Military experience

We award credit for military training and experience based on American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations. A maximum of 60 credits may be applied to each degree program.

View possible sources of military credit

Learn more about admissions for transfer students


Apply now